DHA is well recognized for its brain, eye and heart health benefits for humans, and now, there is a growing body of evidence that supports many of these same benefits for animals. DHAgold®, a sustainable source of DHA omega-3, is used to fortify animal feeds, treats and supplements and can be fed to fish and production animals, enriching the meat, eggs and milk they produce.
Benefits of DHA supplementation include:
- Dogs - DHA supports brain and eye development in puppies and a healthy skin and coat in dogs, as well as supporting trainability.
- Horses - DHA/EPA supports exercise recovery and reproductive health.
- Aquaculture - DHA supports normal growth and development in fish, as well as providing increased DHA levels in meat.
- Laying Hens - DHA fed to laying hens produces eggs containing supplement levels of DHA.
- Swine - DHA fed to swine supports litter health.
DHAgold for Animal Nutrition
DHAgold is from a sustainable, vegetarian source (algae) you can trust – not from fish. While most people believe that fish produce their own DHA, it’s actually the algae in their food chain that makes them a rich source of DHA. Because DHAgold is from algae and not fish, it provides a vegetarian, sustainable source of DHA that is free of ocean-borne contaminants.
Benefits of DHAgold
Adding DHAgold line of products is an excellent way to safely enrich your animal feed or pet consumable. An excellent source of pre-formed DHA, DHAgold offers several advantages over other sources of omega-3s, including:
- High, guaranteed levels of DHA omega-3 (minimum 17% DHA)
- Consistent quality & price
- Sustainable, vegetarian source (no fish or fish by-products)
- No ocean-borne contaminants
- Flowable ingredient that is easy to handle, blend and extrude
- Domestic supply (made in the USA)