Summertime Blueberry and Lemon Pudding Pops
Equipment: Ice pop mold, cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve
½ vanilla bean pod
½ cup honey
3 tbsp. arrowroot
¼ tsp. salt
3 cups Horizon® Organic Whole Milk with life’sDHA™ Omega-3
3 egg yolks
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup fresh blueberries
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. grated lemon zest (~1 medium-sized lemon)
1. Place a fine mesh sieve over a medium-sized bowl or line bowl with cheesecloth and set aside.
2. Using a paring knife split the vanilla bean down its length on a cutting board. Using the dull side of the paring knife, scrape out the seeds from inside the vanilla bean pod and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks together lightly and set aside.
4. In a medium-sized saucepan, mix together honey, arrowroot and salt until combined. Place over low heat and whisk in milk until well combined and ingredients are dissolved. Whisk in egg yolks and vanilla bean. Continue whisking over low heat for about 10 minutes until mixture resembles a pudding texture. Pour through cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve into bowl. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine. Place mixture in refrigerator for approximately 1 hour to thicken and cool.
5. Place blueberries in a small saucepan with maple syrup and bring to a boil over low heat. Let simmer for approximately 5 minutes, remove from heat and let cool slightly. Set aside.
6. Place lemon zest in half of ice pop molds and spoon blueberry syrup into other half.
7. Pour mixture into ice pop mold. Insert pop sticks and freeze overnight or until solid (approximately 5 hours). Run mold under warm water briefly to release pops from mold. Serve immediately and enjoy.
To learn more about Horizon® Organic Milk and to see a variety of milks with DHA omega-3, visit www.horizondairy.com.